Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kenya Community Link


Socio-Economic Project - Website Development

Our World
With every new day, the world remains indifferent. World people are in constant efforts to meeting needs and this is what has brought competition. The resource-based context has created gaps; gaps between developed and developing countries, gaps between the have and have-nots, gaps between the white and black colour, gaps between the rich and the poor. Gaps, which have caused violent conflicts between citizens and countries.  These violent conflicts have led to loss of thousands of lives, destruction of property, breaking of family units amongst other severe impacts.  A handful states and even people are benefiting from these conflicts. Our world has enough resources and capacity to cater for its people 7 billion inhabitants. 

My Contribution
My desire is to see stable peace between individuals and countries. Locally, i yearn to see my community live in harmony with neighbouring communities. I crave to see inter-community dialogues, cross-cultural events, citizens respecting human rights and laws.  These are the changes I wan to make. I want to create a community where dialogue is given attention and space, where human rights are observed and where the societies co-exist without fear.

My Exploration
During the fellowship year, I wish to explore community peace recovery and reconciliation systems. I wish to focus of technological structures that would create peace and understanding between communities. I plan to use information and communication technology to reach stakeholders in working in peace, security and development. I will also explore how to use technology to resource mobilize for community development projects to address the issue of poverty and limited opportunities to enable people meet their livelihood needs. I wish to explore all that is takes to improve the living standards of the poor and dissenting communities.

Plan of Activities
To get there, I will get and increase my expertise, especially on ICT, Community Development and Peace Work. I need to establish an information system and website that will inform the community of best practices, available opportunities and alternative methods and means to development. Through the information system, will also be able to link the communities to social services, development trainings and resources locally and internationally. I will use the website to resource mobilize and share ideas generated from community assessment with stakeholders for the sole purpose of promoting welfare of the communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment